This post on selecting the right coffee table is sponsored by Oak Furnitureland. All opinions are my own.
Ever since I added our white, slip covered sectional to our family room, I’ve been longing for the right coffee table. I’ve kept my eyes open while shopping but nothing seemed to fit the bill. I wanted natural wood with a square shape – and not too tall. After months of casual searching, I was thrilled when I finally found what I was looking for!
Before I share tips on how to select the right coffee table, let me share my new find with you!
I was surprised how difficult it is to find a solid wood coffee table. So many are constructed of faux wood; the one I purchased is from Oak Furnitureland and made of tropical mango hardwood and I love all the detailing.
It’s called the Baku Light Natural Solid Mango Chest. It’s solid wood – not too dark and not too light. I love the solid construction and know it will last for years to come.
My new Oakland Furniture coffee table has a welcome surprise …
The top slides open to reveal much-needed storage inside!
I can fit several pillows and blankets in there. Other items like books and board games would fit well, too.
I think a sectional sofa looks best with a square coffee table because it fills the space evenly. Not to mention the added bonus of having more surface area for my laptop or pretty collections.
My previous coffee table was taller and more narrow. It wasn’t quite the right shape and size. Plus, I wanted wood to contrast more with my white slip covers. Below, you’ll find my tips for selecting the right coffee table!
How to Select the Right Coffee Table
1. The height of a coffee table should be about two to four inches below the height of the sofa seat.
2. The width of the coffee table should be approximately two-thirds the width of your sofa.
3. Position your coffee table 18 inches from from your sofa or chairs.
4. Choose a well-constructed coffee table, whether upholstered or wooden. The coffee table gets a lot of use and needs to withstand daily wear and tear.
5. If you have small children, it’s best to choose a coffee table with an easily wipe-able surface.
6. To add functionality to your coffee table, select one with storage capability.
What tips have you found helpful when selecting a coffee table?