Today I’m part of a Thanksgiving hop with several other bloggers to kick off the month of November. So if you’re here for the Charming Home Series, it will be back in full swing next Sunday. But for now, I hope you’ll stay and enjoy this recipe for Turkey Stuffing Dumpling Soup, and then go on to visit the other bloggers listed at the end of this post.
Equally as enjoyable was savoring the leftovers for days after.
When I found this recipe for turkey stuffing dumpling soup, I thought it’d be perfect for leftovers.
I’ll never forget the first time I bit into a dumpling. I was a kid while spending Christmas with my cousin.
The stuffing dumplings stew on top of the soup for about 10 minutes.
For more Thanksgiving inspiration, visit the other bloggers below.
And next Sunday, I promise to have a gorgeous, charming home tour for you!
Turkey Stuffing Dumpling Soup
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 cups cooked turkey cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- In a Dutch oven or large deep pan, saute mushrooms and onions in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic and cook one minute longer. Add broth, carrots, green beans, and seasoning. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl whisk eggs and flour together until smooth. Crumble cooked stuffing into dough and mix well. If dough is dry, add water by 1 teaspoon at a time to moisten until mixture holds shape. Drop stuffing mixture by heaping tablespoons onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into dumpling comes out clean (try not to lift cover while dumplings are cooking). Remove from heat and serve.