What’s not to love about the fall season? The Earth explodes in color and gives up its amazing harvest of wonderful foods. It’s time to get back into the kitchen to whip up some wonderful autumn dishes. Today I’m sharing an easy and tasty appetizer of roasted figs with goat cheese, honey, and pistachios.
Last weekend I hosted a Tapas and Sangria party on the back deck by the pond. Everyone loved the roasted figs appetizer. A few people even confessed they had never eaten a fig before, but now they’re hooked!
I made my roasted figs two ways. I sliced them in half lengthwise, and also quartered them from the top down about two-thirds of the way down the fruit. Stuff them with goat cheese and brush lightly with olive oil. Next, add a bit of salt and fresh cracked pepper. If desired, sprinkle the tops with pistachios. Place the figs under the broiler for about five minutes.
Pull them out of the oven and drizzle with a bit of honey. The combination of flavors dance on your tongue!
Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese and Honey
- 12-16 fresh figs
- 4 oz soft goat cheese for vegetarian use cheese with a vegetarian rennet
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons crushed pistachios optional
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to broil. Trim off stems of figs and cut an "X" in the top of each fig about 2/3 of way down. Or, slice the figs in half lengthwise and make an indentation in the center of each with your finger. Place the figs on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Use a teaspoon to gently stuff the cut figs with a bit of goat cheese. Lightly brush the figs with olive oil, then sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt and black pepper. Sprinkle tops with crushed pistachios. Place under broiler for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle figs with a bit of honey. Serve warm or cooled. Enjoy!
A special thanks goes out to Kristen at Ella Claire for organizing today’s buffet of fall appetizers.
Check out all the recipes below from my blogging friends. There’s plenty to eat and enjoy!
Spinach Artichoke + Green Chile Dip by Ella Claire | Baked Garlic Knots by Sweet C’s | Savory Pumpkin Hummus by Zevy Joy | Spiced Warm Brie by Boxwood Avenue | Sea Salt Dinner Rolls and Herb Butter by House 214 Design
Roasted Stuffed Figs by Town and Country Living | Cranberry Sweet Potato Rounds by Tidy Mom | Gluten Free Baked Brie by Taryn Whiteaker | Healthy Pumpkin Dip by Tidbits | Fig Prosciutto Sweet Potato Bites by The Chronicles of Home
Beet Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Basil by My Sweet Savannah | Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip by Inspired by Charm | Pumpkin Sheet Pan Nachos by Farmhouse of Boone | Everything but the Bagel Bubble Bread by Nest of Posies | Garlic Smashed Potatoes by Julie Blanner
Olive Pecan Cheese Log by anderson + grant | Stuffed Peppers by Nesting with Grace | Chicken Cranberry Meatballs by Shabby Fu Fu | Chicken Pot Pie Bites by Nina Hendrick | Cranberry Almond Mini Cheese Ball Bites by Summer Adams