As 2014 draws to a close I’m taking a look back at the year and sharing my 10 favorite blog posts. As a blogger, sometimes it’s easy to come up with ideas to share, and other times I’m wracking my brain for inspiration. Blogging is a lot of work … you first need the ideas to share, then you do the work of turning the ideas into reality. There are pictures to be taken and edited, and then you finally write the post. Nevertheless, I love the process and I truly enjoy blogging. I’m joining a group of fellow bloggers today to share our top 10 posts. I hope you’ll visit their projects as well, the list is at the end. (The Charming Home Series continues next Sunday.)
1. My Home’s New Exterior Paint Colors. This is my most favorite post, mainly because a lot of blood, sweat, and even tears were poured into this project. Painting our circa 1875 farm house was a huge endeavor and I’m so glad hubby and I finally got it done!
2. Handmade Valentine’s Day Cards. I had so much fun making these sweet little cards for the holiday of love. I gave a few to some special people, and the rest I’m selling when I re-open my Etsy shop, which will be very soon.
3. Spring Decorating in My Farmhouse Kitchen. I loved this post because a) I love spring and b) I love all the flowers I brought into my kitchen to create this post. I’ve always been a sucker for the pastel colors of spring.
4. Spring Decorating in My Breakfast Nook. More spring inspiration in the breakfast nook is also on my t0p 10 favorite posts of 2014. This was such a fun table to set with my vintage table cloth and an abundance of spring flowers!
5. Roadside Rescue Game Table. I didn’t have a lot of makeovers this year, mainly because we were painting the outside of our house which took center stage for several months. But I did manage to rescue this fun game table that hubby found alongside the road.
6. Strawberry Julius Recipe. I love this refreshing drink recipe I shared earlier this year. It’s just like Orange Julius … only it’s made with strawberries. Hmm … I wonder what a Strawberry Orange Julius would taste like?
7. How to Make Lavender Candles. The fragrance of these lavender candles in jars is heavenly and they’re pretty easy to make. This blog post was pinned a lot in 2014 and was a reader favorite, too.
8. DIY Fall Wreath and Free Printable. This was the first free printable I ever shared on my blog which is why it’s on my favorites list. I was pretty happy with the way the wreath turned out in atypical fall colors.
9. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cake. This sweet treat was made from scratch and was a true labor of love. If you’re not a fan of raspberries, you can substitute them with strawberries which also go great with chocolate!
10. Christmas Home Tour. It wouldn’t be a list of favorite blog posts without my Christmas home tour. The Christmas post is always a little nerve wracking because there’s so much to do … but it’s extremely rewarding when it’s all done!
Be sure to visit the rest of the participating bloggers!
Cupcakes and Crinoline
Yesterday on Tuesday
Sand & Sisal
Setting for Four
Inspiration for Moms
At Home with the Barkers
Artsy Chicks Rule
On Sutton Place
Our Southern Home
Fox Hollow Cottage
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Confessions of a Serial Do-It-Yourselfer
Clean and Scentsible
Town and Country Living
Sew a Fine Seam