In my household, the last three months of the year are all about baking and spending time in the kitchen. And right now I’m lovin’ these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins! I’ve already made them twice in the past week.
It’s the first Saturday of the month which means it’s Cozy Living Saturday! My blogging friends and I have come together to give you several ideas for creating cozy warmth and inspiration for the month of October. All links are at the end of the post.
Chocolate and pumpkin flavors go together surprisingly well. Like a glass of wine with cheese and fruit. I like to sprinkle the tops of my muffins with raw sugar. It provides a little bit of crunch and sweetness to the muffin top.
Be forewarned, these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are addicting – and perfect for the fall season. Eat them for breakfast, enjoy them as a snack, or serve them at the end of a meal as dessert. In other words, they’re yummy any time of day!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Paper-line muffin tin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together pumpkin, sugars, eggs, oil, and buttermilk until well-combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, and stir until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips over the top of the batter. Then sprinkle raw sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375F and continue baking for 13-15 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then place on wire racks to cool.
See what my blogging friends have going on this month to keep it cozy!