One of the great perks of being a blogger is you have a chronicled resource of your projects and life. I can look back and see how my home has evolved over the 2 years since I started blogging. I only wish I had started sooner so I’d have documentation on how this old house looked 16 years ago when it still had carpeting and wallpaper. Writing and photographing for Town and Country Living has been such an enjoyable task and I’ve met so many wonderful people along the way!
1. The favorite post in 2013 was my Summer Farmhouse Tour! I love our old farmhouse but she’s in desperate need of a paint job right now. Giving her a fresh coat of paint was on my 2013 to-do list but it never happened. So for sure, she’s getting painted in 2014!
2. Coming in right behind was my Christmas Home Tour. No big surprise there as the month of December is typically a high-traffic month for most decor, food, and lifestyle bloggers.
3. Next up is my easy tutorial on how to make lavender sachets. I’m soon going to make a variation of these that you can toss in the dryer, so be sure to keep an eye out for that DIY project!
4. Apparently French Lavender is uber popular because next up on the list of popular reader posts is my instructions for making French lavender linen spray. I love this stuff and need to make some more!
5. We’re halfway through our 2013 Top Ten list with the 5th most popular post, Farmhouse Decorating Tips. Have you noticed a design trend toward farmhouse style these days?
6. Also popular with Town and Country Living readers are home tours! Seems like every home tour I wrote this year made the Top Ten list, like my Fall Home Tour that came in at number 6. Hope you were able to grab some inspiration from the tours!
7. This next Top Ten post at Town and Country Living is one of my favorites. I had wanted to make my own Mason Jar Candles for several years but was too chicken! After finally mustering some courage, I was surprised to find how easy it was!
8. I’m really glad one of my recipes made this year’s list, but I’m surprised it was my Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Basil Sauce. Who knew spaghetti squash was so popular?
9. I had a second Farmhouse Christmas Tour this year that came in at number nine for 2013.
10. Last but not least is the post about my Springtime Front Porch. Boy, I sure do miss sitting out here during the winter months! I have some plans for this area in 2014.
Thanks to all of you who visit Town and Country Living! I hope that I’m able to provide inspiration and ideas for you throughout the year. One of my goals in 2014 is to blog a little bit more, if time allows.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!